Eagle County Regional Airport Shuttle Operators
If you’re planning on visiting Eagle County, you might have come across the acronym “ECRASO” while planning out the logistics of getting to and from the airport. This is an important term that will help you arrange all your travel plans and provide you with a convenient way of getting around Eagle County.
What are ECRASOs?
ECRASO stands for Eagle County Regional Airport Shuttle Operator. Eagle County Regional Airport Shuttle Operators (ECRASOs) provide transportation services to the residents and visitors of Eagle County, Colorado looking for a convenient way for traveling to and from the local airport. There are 2 main types of ECRSOs available to the general public: shared service and private service.
Types of Eagle County Regional Airport Shuttle Operators:
There are two main types of Eagle County Regional Airport Shuttle Operators: private and shared airport shuttle services. Deciding on which option will be best for you, will take evaluating the main pros and cons associated with each type of service. The following guide should prove helpful for doing so:
- Shared ECRASOs: This type of Eagle County Regional Shuttle Operator provides transportation within Eagle County to EGE (Eagle Airport). A shared ECRASO is typically a large capacity van or bus service that is able to transport anywhere between 6 – 24 travelers. This type of service is usually more affordable than a private ECRASO. Typically these shuttles run on a fixed schedule and tickets can be purchased either ahead of time or directly at the airport or shuttle stop.
- Private ECRASOs: This type of Eagle County Regional Airport Shuttle Operator also services Eagle County and its airport, but utilizes private chauffeured vehicles (typically SUVs) to transport anywhere between 1-7 passengers. This type of service is usually more expensive, and must be booked well in advance. There are no scheduled shuttle stops, as this service operates as a door-to-door service.
List of Regional Airport Shuttle Services Available in Eagle County
The following list includes regional shuttle operators that service Eagle County Vail Airport. These companies offer transportation between the airport and various destinations within the county, including Vail, Beaver Creek, and Edwards. Prices and services vary according to the type of Eagle County Regional Shuttle Operator i.e. private or shared, number of passengers and distance traveled.
Private Eagle County Regional Airport Shuttle Operators:
- Alpine Limousine | 970-379-2529
- Aspen Black Car | 970-331-3135
- Aspen Private Transport | 970-279-1878
- B-Line Xpress LLC | 800-423-0929
- Black Diamond Limo | 970-261-6509
- Blue Sky Limo Eagle Airport | 970-401-7001
- Gold Leaf Limo | 970-923-7433
- Mountain Limousine LLC | 970-470-5503
- Platinum Express LLC | 970-331-9976
- Smart Division Express | 970-390-9361
- ZG Limo Services | 970-309-1680
Shared Eagle County Regional Airport Shuttle Operators:
- Slopestyle Rides | 503-619-5887
- Sherpa Transportation | 970-366-1952
- Rich Valley Adventures LLC | 970-456-3666
- Mountain Transportation LLC | 904-480-1824
- Mountain Ready Rides | 970-389-4889
- Mountain Adventure Charters | 970-471-4255
- High Country Transportation | 970-376-6318
- Corporate Trans. Specialists (CTS) | 970-925-8842
- Big Mountain Transportation | 970-390-6151
- Alpine Luxury Transportation LLC | 970-949-6411
- 5280 VIP Transportation | 970-779-2855
Pickup and Drop off Procedures for Eagle County Regional Shuttle Services
Passenger pickups and drop off procedures for shared Eagle County Regional shuttle services vary depending on the specific shuttle operator. The shuttle service may have specific instructions for pickups and drop offs which passengers should follow to ensure a smooth experience. For example, the shuttle service may require passengers to collect all their luggage 1st, and then make their way to a designated shuttle pickup location either at the airport or at the hotel they are staying. These airport shuttle services operate on a fixed schedule and will make many stops along their routes picking up additional passengers and dropping people off at their requested destinations in order of prolixity to the point of departure.
Private Eagle County Regional Shuttle Operators typically have very specific passenger pickup and drop-off procedures. For pickups, the shuttle service will usually have a designated area near the terminal where passengers should wait. Upon landing at Eagle County Airport, passengers should contact their shuttle operator to receive instructions as to where their driver will meet them. Upon meeting the driver, he/she will help the passengers load their luggage into the vehicle and then proceed to drive directly to their accommodations. For drop-offs, the process is reversed. The driver will meet the passengers directly at their hotel or residence, assist them with their luggage and then proceed to drive them directly to the terminal.
Booking an ECRASO
Booking an Eagle County Regional Shuttle is as simple as filling out an online reservation form on the company website, or making a telephone call. Most private Eagle County shuttle services require at least 48 hours of notice to make a booking (and much longer during the busy holiday seasons. Shared shuttle operators can be booked on the day of travel or even directly at the airport or hotel.
As with all travel itineraries, it is important to carefully read over your ECRSO’s booking and cancellation policies to make sure there are no hidden charges or surprises should you experience any unexpected delays.
ECRASOs are an important resource for both the residents of Eagle County as well as its visitors that provide valuable transportation options for getting around Eagle County. An Eagle County Regional Shuttle is going to be the most convenient way to get to and from the local airport in that using such a service eliminates the hassle of finding parking (which is very limited everywhere in Eagle County), as well as driving through hazardous mountain road conditions which can be especially bad in the cold Winter months.