2021 GoPro Mountain Games in Vail
Get excited! IT’S A “GO” FOR 2021 GOPRO MOUNTAIN GAMES JUNE 10-13 IN VAIL!
The GoPro Mountain Games are officially a GO for June 10-13, 2021.
It is going to be so … much … FUN! Here’s what our Event Director, Dave Dressman, had to say:
“We are BACK, and we could not be more excited to bring some joy, vitality and positivity into people’s lives in the fresh air and sunshine of this beautiful mountain setting. It takes months of planning and many, many key partners to make this event happen. The support we have received from our sponsors, the Town of Vail and Vail Resorts is remarkable, and it speaks to the power of the Mountain Games brand. We have looked at this from every angle and we feel confident we have a strong baseline plan to execute a safe, high-level, athlete-focused GoPro Mountain Games this June.”
An annual tradition of more than a decade, unfortunately, the GoPro Games were canceled in 2020 due to concerns over the coronavirus. But after the hiatus, this year’ event will return with competition in whitewater, mountain biking, road biking, fishing, trail running, DockDogs, disc golf, yoga, a photo competition, three nights of GoPro Mountains of Music from the Gerald R. Ford Amphitheater (livestreamed and limited in-person capacity) and more.
And while the GoPro Mountain Games may appear to be a bit smaller in scale this year, there will still be some big talent pros competing alongside average Joes—which is honestly the best part of the games every year!
Athletics events will include:
- Road Bike Time Trial
- TIAA Bank XC Mountain Bike
- TIAA Bank Kids’ Bike Race
- eBike Challenge presented by Bosch
- YETI 2 Fly X-Stream
- YETI Catch Wars
- Pacifico Gore IV Kayak Challenge
- GMC Down River Kayak Sprint
- GMC Kayak Freestyle
- Pacifico Down River R2 Raft Sprint
- YETI Down River SUP Sprint
- Orijen DockDogs Outdoor Big Air*
- Orijen DockDogs Extreme Vertical*
- Orijen DockDogs Speed Retrieve*
- Dueling Dogs
- adidas Terrex 10K Spring Runoff
- Nature Valley Après 5K
- Rocky Dog Trail Run presented by Chewy
- Pepi’s Face-Off presented by JUNK Brands
- Mountain House Masters Disc Golf Tournament
- Limited capacity, physically distanced, outdoors
- GoPro Awards: Mountain Games Photo Challenge
WHAT WILL BE DIFFERENT IN 2021?
The 2021 GoPro Mountain Games will not be exactly the same as years past. Differences include:
- L.L.Bean Gear Town will feature fewer tents and sponsor activations than years past.
- Spectators may be limited in capacity within venue footprints and may be required to wear face coverings when within venue footprint boundaries.
- Athletes may be asked to wear face coverings when not actively competing.
- No climbing events will take place this year.
- No Steep Creek Championship event will take place this year – instead, the Pacifico Gore IV Kayak Challenge will send racers down a lively stretch of Gore Creek in Vail.
- No slackline competitions will take place this year.
- No Outdoor Reels film series.
WHAT WILL BE THE SAME?
Athletes, art, music and mountains. That’s the mantra of the GoPro Mountain Games and it’s true again in 2021.
In the daytime, expect live music and art in the streets, a celebratory atmosphere, thousands of mountain athletes competing for glory, a whole lot of happy diving dogs, and more during the day.
In the evening, athletes will have the first crack at tickets to three nights of live concerts at the Gerald R. Ford Amphitheater. For more details, please visit the official website of GoPro Mountain Games.
HOW CAN I REGISTER?
2021 athlete registration opens up April 2 for previous Mountain Games athletes and April 9 for all our new and interested competitors. Register TODAY! Registration is available online and on-site 24 hours before each event.
Physical registration is located in the Golden Peak Base Lodge near Larkspur Restaurant.
Note that online registration closes approximately 24 hours before each event unless otherwise stated on the individual event information page.
Remember that the early bird gets the worm – register early to ensure the best prices and avoid on-site hassles.
WHO CAN COMPETE?
For all open competitions, amateurs and professionals are all welcome. We even allow dogs to compete in some events (not all of them, that would be a terrible idea). Invitational events are closed from public participation. If you’re questioning your ability to compete consult your doctor, or mom – one of them usually knows best…
MOUNTAINS OF MUSIC
The 2021 GoPro Mountain Games will feature three nights of LIVE in-person concerts June 10-13 at the iconic Gerald R. Ford Amphitheater in Vail for GoPro Mountains of Music. When the sun sets, The Amp will come alive, winding down from a day of outdoor sport and lifestyle in the Colorado Rocky Mountains.
Music lineup and livestream offerings to be announced couple of days before the games start!
Spectators, athletes, families, dogs, and anyone who loves mountain sports, music, and lifestyle are WELCOME at the 2021 GoPro Mountain Games in Vail, Colorado.
As permitted by current State of Colorado and Eagle County guidelines, the 2021 GoPro Mountain Games is operating at 100% capacity, without any social distancing or mask requirements (except on public transportation due to current federal regulations). If you are not comfortable with this approach, although we will miss your presence, we ask you to consider not attending at this time.
For additional info, please visit https://mountaingames.com/covid-19-policy/
https://mountaingames.com/map.phpIf You Enjoyed This Post - Please Share It!