How Do You Get from Eagle Airport to Copper Mountain?
If you are planning a trip to Copper Mountain in Colorado and flying from out of state, Eagle County Regional Airport (EGE) is the closest airport and quickest way to get to Copper Mountain. However, there are quite a few things to consider before embarking on your trip from Eagle to Copper. That’s why Blue Sky Limo has created this comprehensive guide to help you get from the airport to the fun and adventure of Copper Mountain as quickly and safely as possible.
Our guide will provide all the necessary information to make your journey from Eagle Airport to Copper Mountain as convenient as possible. It will help you make informed decisions about travel options and what to bring and provide helpful background information about the places you will visit. We also suggest some great points of interest worth checking out during your journey from Eagle County Airport to Copper Mountain.
Flying Into Eagle Airport
Eagle County Regional Airport (EGE), commonly known as Eagle Airport, is the closest airport to Copper Mountain. Located in Gypsum, Colorado, Eagle Airport is approximately 51 miles or 1 hour and 10 minutes from Copper Mountain.
Eagle Airport provides the quickest and most convenient access to Copper Mountain compared to other nearby airports like Denver International Airport, which is over 120 miles away. The moderate distance and travel time make Eagle Airport the preferred flying option for travelers headed to Copper Mountain for skiing, snowboarding, hiking, biking, and other outdoor activities.
Why Fly into Eagle Airport for Copper Mountain?
There are several advantages to flying into Eagle Airport instead of other airports farther away if you are traveling to Copper Mountain:
- Closer proximity – At just 51 miles away, Eagle Airport is the nearest airport to Copper Mountain. This proximity saves time and makes for an easy transit.
- Few weather delays – Being located high in the mountains, Eagle Airport faces weather-related delays – however, these are relatively few, and typically, travelers are placed on the very next flight, keeping disruption in travel plans down to a bare minimum.
- Scenic views – The drive from Eagle Airport to Copper Mountain offers stunning scenery as you travel through mountain valleys and overlooks. It’s a beautiful introduction to the region.
- Less chance of road closures – Compared to traveling to Copper Mountain from Denver Airport – there is less likelihood of road closures from snow storms on the shorter drive from Eagle Airport to Copper Mountain, especially considering that this route avoids the Vail Pass, which is notorious for frequent closure during the winter months when there are plenty of snow storms in this region.
- Plenty of direct flights – Even though Eagle Airport is a small regional airport, it offers plenty of direct flights from major hubs such as Dallas, Houston, Los Angeles, and Chicago, making transfers to this airport easy and convenient when traveling to Copper.
- Lots of Ground Transportation Options to Copper – Eagle Regional Airport provides many options for passengers arriving at this airport who are headed to Copper Mountain for some Rocky Mountain adventures. These options include private airport car service, shared shuttle services, ride-shares such as Uber and Lyft, and public transportation via airport bus service.
Tips for Flying into a Regional Airport near Copper Mountain
- Check the weather forecast and road conditions before you fly. Colorado’s mountain weather can be unpredictable, so checking the forecast and road conditions before you fly is important. If there is a snowstorm, you may want to consider flying to a larger airport, such as Denver International Airport.
- Be prepared for delays and cancellations. Regional airports are more likely to experience flight delays and cancellations than larger airports. Be sure to pack for all types of weather and have a backup plan in case your flight is canceled.
- Book your flights in advance. Regional airports typically have fewer flights than larger ones, so booking your flights in advance is important, especially if you are traveling during the peak season.
Other Regional Airports Providing Access to Copper Mountain
In addition to Eagle County Airport, there are several smaller regional airports that can be used to access Copper Mountain. These airports may be more convenient depending on your specific travel plans, such as your origin city, budget, and preferred airline.
Centennial Airport (100 miles from Copper)
- Convenient for travelers coming from southern cities like Dallas or Phoenix
- Primarily offers domestic flights on smaller regional jets
- Ground transportation, like rental cars or shuttles, is available
Rocky Mountain Metropolitan Airport (105 miles from Copper)
- Located between Denver and Copper Mountain in Broomfield, CO
- Mainly serves private and corporate aircraft via fixed-base operator
- Alternative for private jet travelers wanting to get closer than Denver
Vail Jet Center (54 miles from Copper)
- Caters to private and corporate aircraft with discreet customs clearing
- Full-service fixed-based operation located conveniently close to Copper
- Chartered helicopter service is available for those looking to arrive in style
While not as large or popular as Eagle County Airport, these regional airports provide viable alternatives for getting to Copper Mountain efficiently. They can be great options depending on your specific travel plans or preferences.
Private Eagle Airport to Copper Mountain Airport Car Service
Blue Sky Limo offers nonstop service from Eagle County Airport(EGE) to any location in Copper Mountain! We operate 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
A private airport car service is the most convenient and comfortable option for transportation from Eagle Airport to Copper Mountain. Blue Sky Limo’s Eagle Airport transportation provides a direct private shuttle service from Eagle Airport to the Copper Mountain area.
Eagle Airport To Copper Mountain Car Service Rates
|Eagle (EGE) Airport, Colorado
|Large SUV (1-4 pax)
|Large 5-6-PAX SUV (1-6 pax)
|Eagle Airport to Copper Mountain
|Eagle Airport to Vail
|Eagle Airport to Beaver Creek
|Eagle Airport to Cordillera
|Eagle Airport to Aspen/Snowmass
|Eagle Airport to Edwards
Benefits of Traveling From Eagle Airport to Copper Mountain with Blue Sky Limo:
- No stops – A private shuttle goes directly between the airport and your destination without any stops. This saves substantial travel time over public transportation options.
- Luxury vehicles – Shuttles use high-end SUVs, limos, Sprinters, and other luxury vehicles so you can ride in comfort.
- On-demand service – You schedule the private shuttle when you need it. There’s no need to conform to a public transportation timetable.
- Meet and greet service – Drivers will meet you inside the terminal and help with your luggage to provide personalized service.
- Reasonable prices – Despite the high-end vehicles and amenities, private shuttles often cost less than other ground transportation options when split between groups.
Additional Features of Private SUV Transfers to Copper Mountain
An excellent option for getting to Copper Mountain is booking a luxury SUV service like Blue Sky Limo’s. Our large, 7-passenger luxury SUVs have plenty of room for you, your gear, and your group. Ride in cushioned leather seats while enjoying amenities such as:
- Complimentary bottled water to stay hydrated during the long trip
- Device charging ports to stay productive
- Free High-Speed WiFi on board the vehicles for work and entertainment
- Satellite Radio provides lots of listening choices
- On-board entertainment systems to keep kids occupied
With a professional chauffeur handling navigation and mountain driving, you can relax and enjoy the scenic views on your way to Copper Mountain. A luxury black car service elevates any Eagle Airport to Copper Mountain transfer into a pleasant, memorable experience.
Directions from Eagle Airport to Copper Mountain
To travel from Eagle Airport to Copper Mountain by car, follow these directions:
- Start out on Terminal Rd toward Cooley Mesa Rd
- Use the left 2 lanes to turn left onto Cooley Mesa Rd
- Continue straight onto E Frontage Rd
- Turn right to merge onto I-70 W toward Grand Junction
- Follow I-70 W for approximately 45 miles
- Take exit 195 for CO-91 toward Copper Mountain/Leadville
- Turn right onto CO-91 S, continue for 4.5 miles
- Turn left onto Copper Rd, and your destination will be on the right
The total distance from Eagle Airport to Copper Mountain is approximately 51 miles, with a usual travel time of 1 hour and 10 minutes. Depending on weather conditions and traffic, total drive time can range from 50 minutes to 1 hour and 30 minutes. Be aware that during peak snow seasons, I-70 can sporadically close due to adverse weather and accidents. Using a 4WD vehicle equipped with snow tires is highly recommended, which is why taking a private SUV from a trusted provider like Blue Sky Limo is highly recommended. Our private cars are always equipped with snow tires, 4WD, and are driven by professional drivers who are experts at navigating the sometimes icy and hazardous mountain roads that lead to Copper Mountain.
Taking a Shared Shuttle from EGE to Copper Mountain, CO
If you are traveling on a budget, you can opt for shared shuttle services from Eagle Airport to Copper Mountain. Though more convenient than a private car service, it is more affordable. Colorado Mountain Express offers daily shared van shuttles that accommodate 12-14 passengers. However, there may be stops at other destinations, and luggage space is limited. Shared shuttles run less frequently than private shuttles and operate on a fixed schedule rather than on-demand service.
It is recommended to allocate at least 90 minutes more travel time when using a shared shuttle between Eagle and Copper Mountain. There may be potential delays depending on volume and weather conditions. Despite these limitations, shared shuttles still provide a convenient and cost-effective transit option for the budget-conscious.
Eagle Airport to Copper Mountain by Bus
Traveling from Eagle County Airport to Copper Mountain by bus is a cost-effective and environmentally friendly way to enjoy the stunning Colorado landscape. This journey involves a few transfers, but with a little planning, you can easily navigate the public transportation system. Here’s a step-by-step guide to help you on your way.
Step 1: Eagle County Airport to Vail Transportation Center
Take the ECO Transit Eagle Valley bus from the Eagle County Airport to the Vail Transportation Center. Buses run daily, with reduced schedules on weekends and holidays. This is about a 40-minute ride covering 35 miles. Fares start at $3. Check schedules and routes at the official Eco Transit website: https://www.eaglecounty.us/departments___services/transit/bus_schedules.php
Step 2: Vail Transportation Center to Frisco Transfer Center
Once you’ve arrived at the Vail Transportation Center, you’ll transfer to the Bustang West Line bus. This regional transportation service, operated by the Colorado Department of Transportation (CDOT), will take you to the Frisco Transfer Center. The cost of a one-way ticket from Vail to Frisco is typically around $17, but prices can vary, so it’s best to check the latest fares on the Bustang website or through their ticketing app.
Step 3: Frisco Transfer Center to Copper Mountain
Once at the Frisco Transfer Center, take the free Summit Stage bus that serves the Copper Mountain route. The bus ride takes about 15-20 minutes, depending on your destination and the stops along the way. The Summit Stage is a free bus system that operates all year round in Summit County and serves various routes, including those that go to ski resorts like Copper Mountain. The buses are equipped with ski racks and bike racks, making it convenient for travelers who need to transport their equipment.
Booking Your Eagle Airport to Copper Mountain Transfer
When you’re ready to book your transportation from Eagle Airport to Copper Mountain, here are some tips:
- – For private car service: reserve at least 24-48 hours in advance when possible. This ensures vehicle and driver availability.
- – Always provide your flight details: airline, flight number, and arrival time. Shuttles will monitor flights and adjust for early/delayed arrivals.
- – Specify your exact Copper Mountain destination – whether it’s a specific hotel, resort, condo complex, etc.
- – Give an accurate passenger headcount to dispatch the appropriate vehicle size.
- – Share your phone number so drivers can contact you if needed.
- – For shared shuttles: ask about luggage limitations if you have lots of oversized gear like skis.
- – Inquire about child safety seats if needed. Many shuttles have these available upon request.
- – For both private cars and shared shuttles: Always confirm your quoted fare and payment method to finalize the booking.
- If traveling from Eagle Airport to Copper Mountain by bus, be sure to look up the current service schedules and plan for any unexpected weather-related delays.
Remember, doing research ahead of time and booking early provides peace of mind that your Eagle Airport transfer to Copper Mountain will go smoothly.
Final Thoughts: Getting From Eagle Airport to Copper Mountain
Copper Mountain is an excellent skiing and outdoor adventure destination in Colorado’s Rocky Mountains. If you plan to visit Copper Mountain, traveling from Eagle Airport is the fastest and most convenient option compared to other nearby airports. While several ground transportation options are available from Eagle Airport to Copper Mountain, we highly recommend a private SUV service. A private car service offers the perfect combination of comfort, convenience, and reliability. With luxurious vehicles equipped for mountain driving, professional drivers, and amenities like WiFi and entertainment systems, you’ll arrive at your destination feeling refreshed and ready to hit the slopes or trails.
Avoid the hassle of figuring out public transportation and enjoy a seamless airport transfer with Blue Sky Limo. You can trust us to provide exceptional door-to-door service for your entire travel party, from reserving your ride to arriving at your Copper Mountain lodging. We’re confident that Blue Sky Limo will ensure your travels between Eagle Airport and Copper Mountain are as smooth and memorable as the adventures await you in one of Colorado’s top outdoor playgrounds.
Eagle Airport to Copper Mountain – FAQs
What is the closest airport to Copper Mountain?
Eagle County Regional Airport (EGE), located 54 miles away in Gypsum, Colorado, is the nearest airport to Copper Mountain Resort.
How far is Copper Mountain from Eagle Airport?
In normal conditions, the drive from Eagle Airport to Copper Mountain is approximately 54 miles or 51 minutes.
How long does it take to drive from EGE to Copper Mountain?
Expect a travel time of around 51 minutes to drive from Eagle Airport to Copper Mountain. Time may vary based on weather and traffic.
What’s the best transportation option from Eagle Airport to Copper Mountain?
For maximum convenience, a private airport car service like Blue Sky Limo is the best way to get directly from Eagle Airport to Copper Mountain.
Do buses run between Eagle Airport and Copper Mountain?
Yes, there are buses that run from Eagle Airport to Copper, but you need to take several different services to reach your destination. Start with the ECO Transit bus system from Eagle Airport to the Vail Transportation Center, then take the Bustang West service to Frisco, and finally, take the Summit Coach from Frisco to Copper Mountain.
Is renting a car or taking a shuttle from Eagle Airport to Copper better?
Taking a private or shared shuttle is preferable for most travelers instead of renting a car and driving themselves through potentially hazardous winter weather conditions.